Hello Tiger families: Please see below for important athletics reminders:
1. Online athletics registration for the 2021-22 season is now open. In order to participate in any athletics activity at Mount Pleasant, you must be registered and have a current physical on file. Click HERE to complete your registration for the upcoming school year. For questions concerning physicals, please email email@example.com.
2. TICKET 2 PLAY DISTRIBUTION: Wednesday & Thursday, July 28-29 from 9-11:30am in the commons at the front of the school. In order to participate in a fall sport (Cheer, Football, Volleyball, Cross-Country, Women's Tennis, Women's Golf, Men's Socccer), you MUST have a Ticket 2 Play card in your possession on the first day of tryouts. MPHS T2P Cards, issued by the Athletic Training staff at Mount Pleasant, are your "Ticket to Play." Having a card tells your sport's coach on tryout day that you are REGISTERED for athletics at Mount Pleasant and that you have a current PHYSICAL on file. To expedite distribution, please make sure you are registered and have a physical on file prior to pickup. If you have questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to NOON on 7/27. The only other opportunity to have your T2P card distributed will be at the fall sports parent meeting on 7/27 at 6:30pm in the MPHS Auditorium. (Coaches of your sport will distribute during breakout meetings)
3. ELIGIBILITY: Fall sports eligibility for rising 10th-12th graders is based on your child's Spring 2021 grades. In order to be eligible, your child must have passed 3-of-4 classes and have earned enough credits during the previous school year to be promoted. Academic eligibility may not be checked until after tryouts have started. If you have concerns, please email email@example.com. Rising 9th graders are automatically academically eligible for the Fall 2021 sports season.
4. Mandatory Fall Sports Parent Meeting: There will be a mandatory athletic parents meeting on Tuesday, July 27 at 6:30pm in the Mount Pleasant Auditorium. A parent of all fall athletes should plan to attend. This meeting is required in order to participate in NCHSAA athletics. There will be two other meetings scheduled closer to winter and spring seasons for parents of those student-athletes to attend at that time.
5. "MEET THE TIGERS" NIGHT 2021: You're invited to "Meet the Tigers Night on Wednesday, 8/11 at 6pm in Tiger Stadium at Larry Honeycutt Field. Admission is $5.00 (digital tickets ONLY) and tickets can be purchased HERE. This is open to everyone in the community and this is a community-oriented event and will feature the MPHS JV & Varsity Football Scrimmage. We will also be introducing all our fall sports teams throughout the evening. Concessions and spirit wear will be available from the MPHS Athletic Boosters. There will be prizes and giveaways. We encourage the community to come out and visit our great facilities as we celebrate the return of athletics and gear up for an anticipated return to normal spectator attendance for fall sports.
6. STUDENT & SPORT SPECIFIC SEASON PASSES: Mount Pleasant HS Student & Adult Sport Specific mobile season passes are now available through our mobile ticket provider, Ticket Spicket. The student passes are available for Mount Pleasant High School students only! The cost is $60. These passes are good for entry for ONE Mount Pleasant HS student to all home regular season games during the 21-22 school year for which we charge admission (Football, Volleyball, Soccer, Basketball, Wrestling, Track, Baseball, Softball). Passes are not accepted to playoff games, tournament games or games off campus events where Mount Pleasant is deemed the home team. When purchasing, be sure to use your full name as it appears in Power School when you enter the pass holder information. ALL passes are available for mobile purchase only and will not be sold at school.
7. Some of our teams have begun optional summer workouts. Please email your sport's coach for information. You must be registered and have a current physical on file to participate.
8. Fall Sports - JV/V Football, JV/V Volleyball, JV/V Men's Soccer, JV/V Fall Cheer, Men's and Women's Cross-Country, Women's Golf, Women's Tennis - will begin official tryouts/practice on Monday, August 2nd. Please contact your sport's coach for tryout information.
9. Sideline/Gym Advertising Opportunities: Local business involvement is the driver of high school athletics. Funds raised through the generosity of our local business partners allow us to offer a next-level experience to our student-athletes. Because of this, we actively seek and encourage the support of our local businesses. Mount Pleasant Athletics is currently selling stadium sideline, gymnasium and baseball/softball field advertising for the 21-22 school year. If you or your place of business might be interested, please click HERE for the banner information form. For businesses with larger marketing budgets, we also offer an individually tailored Platinum Partners options. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. SUMMER DEAD PERIOD #2: The week of July 19-23 are NCHSAA dead weeks. There will be no athletics activities at Mount Pleasant during this week.... Enjoy the time off!
Thanks and have a great week!!
Brad Hinson Director of Athletics
Tag(s): Mount Pleasant