1. Online athletics registration for the 2021-22 season is now open. In order to participate in any athletics activity at Mount Pleasant, you must be registered and have a current physical on file. Click HERE to complete your registration for the upcoming school year. For questions concerning physicals, please email email@example.com
2. Mount Pleasant Student mobile season passes will be available through our mobile ticket provider, Ticket Spicket on June 10th. These passes are available for Mount Pleasant High School students only. The cost is $50 through June 30th. After June 30, the price will increase to $60 and after July 30th they will increase to $65. These passes are good for entry for ONE Mount Pleasant HS student to all home regular season games during the 21-22 school year. Passes are not accepted to playoff games, tournament games or games off campus where Mount Pleasant is deemed the home team. When purchasing, be sure to use your full name as it appears in Power School. Student passes are available mobile only.
3. OPTIONAL SUMMER WORKOUTS: Summer workouts for Tigers sports teams are allowed to begin on June 7th. While not all sports will conduct summer skill development, many will. Participation in summer workouts is not required of any student-athlete. To find out more about summer team plans, please contact your sport's coach at the following email addresses:
a. Football - firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Volleyball - email@example.com
c. Cross-Country - firstname.lastname@example.org (Caleb O'Neal)
d. Cheerleading - email@example.com
e. Men's and Women's Soccer - firstname.lastname@example.org (John Lewis)
f. Women's Golf - email@example.com (Gordon Preddy)
g. Women's Tennis - firstname.lastname@example.org
h. Wrestling & Men's Golf - email@example.com
i. Men's Basketball - firstname.lastname@example.org
j. Women's Basketball - email@example.com
k. Swimming - firstname.lastname@example.org (Taylor Carroll)
l. Men's Track & Field - email@example.com
m. Women's Track & Field - firstname.lastname@example.org
n. Softball - email@example.com
o. Baseball - firstname.lastname@example.org
p. Men's Tennis- email@example.com
4. SUMMER DEAD PERIODS: The NCHSAA institutes two "dead weeks" during the summer to allow for family vacations. No skill development will occur during these dead weeks. This year, those weeks are July 4-11 and July 19-25.
4. EXPIRING PHYSICALS: Due to Covid-19, for the 20-21 school year only, the NCHSAA granted an extension on many physicals that will carry through June 30th. However, that extension will end on 6/30/21 and those physicals will need to be renewed once they expire. Please note, THE NCHSAA PHYSICAL FORM HAS CHANGED.
a. Click HERE for the English version of the new physical form.
b. Click HERE for the Spanish version of the new physical form.
For questions regarding your current physical on file with the school, please email Head Athletic Trainer Rachael Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. FALL SPORTS OFFICIAL TRYOUTS/PRACTICES: Official fall sports practice/tryouts are scheduled to begin on Monday, 8/2/21. See below for a list of fall sports coaches. Please contact your coach above concerning fall sports practices and tryouts for teams. Teams: Football, Women's Golf, Women's Tennis, Men's Soccer, Cheerleading, Cross Country (Men's & Women's), Volleyball
6. Mandatory Fall Sports Parent Meeting: There will be a mandatory athletic parents meeting on Tuesday, July 27 at 6:30pm in the Mount Pleasant Auditorium. A parent of all fall athletes should plan to attend. This meeting is required in order to participate in NCHSAA athletics. There will be two other meetings scheduled closer to winter and spring seasons for parents of those student-athletes.
Thanks and have a great weekend/summer!
Tag(s): Mount Pleasant