Good afternoon Tiger Families:
Thanks for your continued support and patience as we go through this trying season of athletics at Mount Pleasant High School.
1. MEN'S SOCCER will begin official tryouts on Monday (1/11) at Mount Pleasant HS. If you plan to play men's soccer for Mount Pleasant HS this season and have not yet contacted the coach to make him aware of your interest, please do so immediately. You can contact Coach Durham by emailing him at email@example.com
2. Our next sports to officially begin their seasons will be FOOTBALL and FOOTBALL CHEER on Monday, Feb 8th.. Please contact Coach Johns (JV and V Football), or Coach Daquila (JV and V Cheer) for more information.
3. To participate in any athletic activity at Mount Pleasant HS (tryouts or workouts), you must be REGISTERED FOR ATHLETICS and HAVE A CURRENT PHYSICAL ON FILE. For questions concerning registration or physicals, please email Head Athletic Trainer Rachael Thompson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. ACADEMIC REMINDER: Second-semester athletics eligibility will be based on first semester academic performance. Per NCHSAA rules, a student-athlete must have passed 3-of-4 classes during the preceding semester to be eligibility for athletics during the current semester. The second semester will begin at Mount Pleasant HS on Tuesday, 1/19 and all student-athletes eligibility will be re-certified. If you feel that you are in danger of not passing 3-of-4 classes, please contact your coach, counselor or teacher immediately.
5. Off-season workouts for out-of-season sports are tentatively set to resume on Tuesday, 1/19. Please contact your sports coach for information.
Again, thanks for your continued patience and understanding. It's a great time to be a TIGER!
Brad Hinson, Director of Athletics, Mount Pleasant High School
Tag(s): Mount Pleasant