2020 SOFTBALL TRYOUTS
HICKORY RIDGE RAGIN BULLS SOFTBALL TRYOUTS
Feb 12-14, 2020
Welcome to the home page of the 2019 Southwestern 4a regular-season Co-Champion and 2018 & 2019 Conference Tournament Champions.
Thank you for your interest in Hickory Ridge Softball. You will find some information that will help you to know what you will need and expect during the process and what we expect throughout the season.
Tryouts will be held FEB 12, 13 & 14 from 2:45-5:45pm. All days are mandatory for all players. Pitchers and Catchers should plan to stay until 6:15pm on Wednesday.
- ALL PLAYERS (new & returners) must have a Yellow card in order to try out. You have to get a sports physical done and send it to Ms. Carte in order to get the Yellow card.
- All tryouts are planned to be conducted on the field, but in the event of inclement weather, we will most likely be using an indoor facility in nearby Richland, NC.
- The following skills will be evaluated: Pitching, hitting, fielding, throwing, speed, agility, intensity, and Coachability which means will be looking for good attitude, communication, and hustle.
- All practices, including tryouts, are closed to spectators. This includes parents.
- This team must be your first priority, above all other sports and activities. All tryout dates, in-season practices, and games are mandatory.
- In addition to the 3 days of tryouts, we will be further evaluating a select group of playes during our first super scrimmage on Feb 15th. This list of players will be posted on this website by 8pm on Feb 14th. Those that are selected to go should be prepared to meet at the High School by 7:15 am. A final selection will be posted by 8pm Sunday evening.
- Please understand that decisions by the coaches are final. If you (Players only) would like to review the results of your evaluation, Coaches will be willing to discuss this evaluation with the player at an agreed time between them.
- We will plan to practice every weekday throughout the season from 2:45-5:30. But of course, that could be subject to change on several factors. If that is the case a notification will be made through our GroupMe group as well as announced during school.
If you have any questions, please contact Coach Daveis via email: email@example.com
Head Coach - Justin Davies
Head JV/ Varsity Assistant - Kaylee Patrick
Assistant Coach - David Sloan
Volunteer Assistants - Maranda Benton & Hank Suhr