Hello Ragin' Bulls families: Please see below for important athletics reminders:
- Online athletics registration for the 2021-22 season is now open. In order to participate in any athletics activity at Hickory Ridge, you must be registered and have a current physical on file. Click HERE to complete your registration for the upcoming school year. For questions concerning physicals, please email Shatt.Vang@cabarrus.k12.nc.us
- Yellow Card Pick Up: Wednesday July 28 from 5-7pm at the upper practice field beside the school. In order to participate in a fall sport (Cheer, Football, Volleyball, Cross-Country, Women's Tennis, Women's Golf, Men's Soccer), you MUST have a Yellow Card in your possession on the first day of tryouts. HRHS Yellow Cards, issued by the Athletic Training staff at Hickory Ridge, are your "Ticket to Play." Having a card tells your sport's coach on tryout day that you are REGISTERED for athletics at Hickory Ridge and that you have a current PHYSICAL on file. To expedite distribution, please make sure you are registered and have a physical on file prior to pick up. If you have questions or concerns, please email Shatt.Vang@cabarrus.k12.nc.us prior to NOON on 7/27.
- ELIGIBILITY: Fall sports eligibility for rising 10th-12th graders is based on your child's Spring 2021 grades. In order to be eligible, your child must have passed 3-of-4 classes and have earned enough credits during the previous school year to be promoted. Academic eligibility may not be checked until after tryouts have started. If you have concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Rising 9th graders are automatically academically eligible for the Fall 2021 sports season.
- Mandatory Fall Sports Parent Meeting: There will be two opportunities to attend the mandatory athletic parent meeting. The first meeting will be Thursday, July 29 at 6:30pm in the Hickory Ridge cafeteria and the second meeting will be August 9 at 6:30pm in the Hickory Ridge Cafeteria. A parent of all fall athletes should plan to attend one of the meetings. This meeting is required in order to participate in NCHSAA athletics. There will be two other meetings scheduled closer to winter and spring seasons for parents of those student-athletes to attend at that time.
- Some of our teams have begun optional summer workouts. Please email your sport's coach for information. You must be registered and have a current physical on file to participate.
- Fall Sports - JV/V Football, JV/V Volleyball, JV/V Men's Soccer, JV/V Fall Cheer, Men's and Women's Cross-Country, Women's Golf, Women's Tennis - will begin official tryouts/practice on Monday, August 2nd. Please contact your sport's coach for tryout information.
Women’s Golf email@example.com
Cross Country firstname.lastname@example.org
Men’s Soccer email@example.com
Cheerleading Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org or
Women’s Tennis Cwhichel@live.com
SUMMER DEAD PERIOD #2: The week of July 19-23 are NCHSAA dead weeks. There will be no athletics activities at HRHS during this week.... Enjoy the time off!
Summer Softball Camp: Camp will be held July 27-29 6-8pm at the HRHS softball field. Please email Justin Davies at email@example.com for more information or to register.
Summer Baseball Camp: Camp will be held July 27-29 9am-12pm at the HRHS baseball field for ages 6 through rising high school freshman. Please email Damon Whalen at firstname.lastname@example.org.